Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Labels
GHS Hazardous Labels requirements you need to know to meet OSHA standards:
- Chemical manufacturers and distributors must complete hazard reclassification and produce GHS styled labels and safety data sheets.
- Distributors must comply fully with HCS requirements.
- As of June 1, 2016, employers must be in full compliance with revised HCS, including complete training of employees on new hazards and/or revisions to workplace hazard communication programs.
- OSHA has updated the requirements for labeling hazardous chemicals.
- All labels will require pictograms, a signal word, hazard and precautionary statements, the product identifier, and supplier identification.
Talk to a Discount Labels product expert to get a quote or place an order for GHS Labels at 800-995-9500.
To learn more, download the GHS brochure
or visit OSHA’s GHS web site